Ever since the 1960’s, satellite TV has become more and more impactful to our TV viewing experience and satellite TV technology has continued to improve. New technology keeps pushing the boundaries and changing the way satellite TV is viewed. What started out as a fuzzy black and white picture has now become HDTV with amazing quality.
Here are some ways satellite TV service has improved:
1. Improved Accessibility – Many people in rural areas couldn’t get cable TV because of the expense and limitations of running the cable. With improved technology, anyone with a clear view of the Southern sky can get satellite reception.
2. Increased Program Offerings – With the improvements in technology, it has become possible to transmit more TV channels from one satellite. Many consumers, with improved receivers, can get even more TV channels than ever before. This means more entertainment, more news and information and more value for your money.
3. Digital Technology – Satellite TV service took a giant step forward with digital transmissions in terms of quality and capacity. Digital transmissions take less bandwidth than analog, so the switch created a lot more room for HDTV broadcasting and more channels. Plus, audio and video quality improved as well. With MPEG compression, theater quality video and Dolby quality stereo audio can be delivered into millions of homes with ease.
4. High Definition Television Receivers – Today, most of the TV’s sold are now HDTV’s. HDTV, with an HD satellite receiver, not only offers improved image quality over SD but also presents with a 16:9 aspect ratio instead of 4:3 which makes for a wider screen. What this means is, none of the quality is lost when the picture is modified to fit your screen.
5. Internet Integration – Joining the technology of both the internet and satellite TV by having increased bandwidth makes for a better viewing experience. Being able to watch what you want when you want has now become very possible through the combination of these two technologies.
As technology continues to progress, we’ll see even more amazing increases in quality and capability. Three-D is becoming more and more popular, more channels are coming online and the internet continues to push the envelope when it comes to information integration. And the best part of all of the improvements in technology, aside from quality, is the fact that it’s affordable for virtually everyone. It’s so easy to enjoy your viewing experience knowing that satellite TV is an inexpensive way to get your entertainment.
Keeping up with the latest satellite TV technology is a great way to know what is best for you. Johney Maron got an HD satellite receiver for his HDTV and a DVR that lets him record whatever he wants.